Sen. David Long, R-Fort Wayne, introduced this legislation that allows the Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission to hold executive sessions to deliberate on proposed orders. Proposed orders cover utility rate hikes, definition of service areas, and fines and penalties. The orders, however, are public record and the commission meets in public to approve orders.
About The Author
The Indiana Coalition for Open Government is an all-volunteer education, watchdog, and open government advocacy organization. If there is a question or story to share about open government, public records, open door law, or other related topics please get in touch.
February 3, 2009
May 5, 2008
November 9, 2006
February 3, 2010
- The Brechner Report: 11/10/2023 – All the latest government transparency news
- Shading Sunshine: The Proliferation of Exemptions to State Open Records Laws
- Route Fifty: Access to public records is ‘deteriorating terribly’
- CFOIC report: Colorado should bar public officials’ use of disappearing messaging apps for official business
- Bloomberg: Meet the Man (Jason Leopold) Who Sues the Government for Information