Here you will find a variety of useful resources for your civics pursuits.
- Contact and Web Reference to Indiana County Clerks across the State [sourced by ICOG Volunteers]
Newsletters / Resources
- Open Doors [ICOG’s Newsletter]
- Journal of Civic Information [Brechner Freedom of Information Project Journal]
Public Access Counselor
- Public Access Handbook for the State of Indiana
- Archive of PAC Advisory Opinions (full-text searchable)
- Archive of PAC Informal Opinions (full-text searchable)
- Sample Records Request Letter
- Sample Public Agency Records Request Response Letter
- Sample Executive Session Notice I
- Sample Executive Session Notice II
- Sample Public Meeting Notice
Help with Indiana Legislature
- Main IGA (Indiana General Assembly) web site
- Legiscan: Search the full text of bills proposed in the current session
Need more help? Looking for a different resource? Contact us!
- Indiana Chapter of the American Planning Association’s Citizen Planner Manual
- Tom Pitman, Randy Rompola and Adam Steuerwald’s Handbook for Indiana Redevelopment Commission Members and Their Attorneys
Public Access Counselor References
How the Public Access Counselors Office Determines Reasonable Time
from PAC Opinion 20-FC-87
Ind. Code § 5-14-3-3(b)(1)–(2). The term “reasonable time” is not defined by APRA; and thus, it falls to this office to make a determination on a case by case basis when a com-plaint is filed challenging timeliness.
In doing so, this office considers the following factors:
(1) the size of the public agency;
(2) the size of the request;
(3) the number of pending requests;
(4) the complexity of the request; and
(5) any other operational considerations or factor that may reasonably affect the public records process.