Sen. Frank Mrvan (D-Hammond) introduced bill that would require meeting notice be given to individuals or organizations that request it from public agencies’ governing bodies. Concerns about this bill include fees that individuals might be forced to pay to receive notice. Assigned to Senate Governmental Affairs and Interstate Cooperation Committee, chaired by Sen. Marvin Riegsecker, R-Goshen. For a full version of the bill online, click here.
About The Author
The Indiana Coalition for Open Government is an all-volunteer education, watchdog, and open government advocacy organization. If there is a question or story to share about open government, public records, open door law, or other related topics please get in touch.
December 28, 2007
February 15, 2008
June 28, 2004
October 12, 2006
- The Brechner Report: 11/10/2023 – All the latest government transparency news
- Shading Sunshine: The Proliferation of Exemptions to State Open Records Laws
- Route Fifty: Access to public records is ‘deteriorating terribly’
- CFOIC report: Colorado should bar public officials’ use of disappearing messaging apps for official business
- Bloomberg: Meet the Man (Jason Leopold) Who Sues the Government for Information