Our news article highlight of the month comes from USA TODAY writer Dennis Cauchon and begins with this eye opener: “The federal government keeps two sets of books.” To read Cauchon’s complete story about the federal deficit and other “fudged” numbers, go here.
About The Author
The Indiana Coalition for Open Government is an all-volunteer education, watchdog, and open government advocacy organization. If there is a question or story to share about open government, public records, open door law, or other related topics please get in touch.
January 3, 2007
February 16, 2010
February 3, 2008
December 30, 2007
- The Brechner Report: 11/10/2023 – All the latest government transparency news
- Shading Sunshine: The Proliferation of Exemptions to State Open Records Laws
- Route Fifty: Access to public records is ‘deteriorating terribly’
- CFOIC report: Colorado should bar public officials’ use of disappearing messaging apps for official business
- Bloomberg: Meet the Man (Jason Leopold) Who Sues the Government for Information